Brendan Saxon represents publicly traded and privately held financial institutions in all aspects of executive compensation and employee benefits. Mr. Saxon has extensive experience designing and drafting employment and change in control agreements, bank-owned life insurance arrangements, split dollar life insurance agreements, equity compensation plans, tax-qualified defined contribution plans, and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements. He routinely advises boards of directors and management on tax issues, including on Sections 280G, 409A, 162(m) and 457(f) of the Internal Revenue Code, and provides tax planning strategies to clients to avoid or mitigate adverse tax consequences thereunder. Mr. Saxon also represents financial institutions and their holding companies in a wide variety of matters including taxation, mergers and acquisitions, SEC executive compensation disclosure, corporate governance and general corporate regulatory matters, compliance with state and federal securities laws, and bank regulations.
- Investors Bancorp, Inc., Short Hills, NJ, in its $3.4 billion merger with Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
- Lakeland Bancorp, Inc., Oak Ridge, NJ, in its acquisition of 1st Constitution Bancorp.
- Riverview Financial Corporation, Harrisburg, PA, in its $124.7 million merger with Mid Penn Bancorp, Inc.
- Blue Foundry, MHC, Rutherford, NJ, in its conversion from the mutual holding company to stock holding company form of organization and related $277.7 million stock offering.
- Marathon Bank, Wausau, WI, in its mutual holding company reorganization and $10.0 million stock offering.
- Pioneer Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pioneer Bank, Albany, NY, in its mutual holding company reorganization and $111.7 million public stock offering.
- Northwest Bancshares, Inc., Warren, PA, in its $213.4 million acquisition of MutualFirst Financial, Inc.
- First Interstate BancSystem, Inc., Billings, MT in its acquisitions of Idaho Independent Bank and 1st Community Bank.
- Provident Financial Services, Inc., Jersey City, NJ, in its $181.0 million acquisition of SB One Bancorp.
- FSB Bancorp, Inc., Fairport, NY in its $34.7 million merger with Evans Bancorp, Inc.
- Bogota Savings Bank, Teaneck, NJ, in its mutual holding company reorganization and concurrent initial public offering of $56.5 million of common stock.